When Should You Get ADHD Testing in Overland Park? — Is your child struggling in school? Are they having a hard time paying attention to what is going on? Are they unable to pay attention for long periods of time? If so, they may need ADHD testing in Overland Park. Remember that ADHD is not just run-of-the-mill struggles with not paying attention. There is a lot more to it.
Let’s take a look at the signs and symptoms of ADHD. If your child exhibits any of these symptoms stop by Dr. Tish’s office; she is one of the most knowledgeable professionals in the area when it comes to Overland Park ADHD testing.
Your child may need ADHD testing in Overland Park if they display inattention in the following ways, according to the Mayo Clinic…
- Fail to pay close attention to details or make careless mistakes in schoolwork
- Have trouble staying focused in tasks or play
- Appear not to listen, even when spoken to directly
- Have difficulty following through on instructions and fail to finish schoolwork or chores
- Have trouble organizing tasks and activities
- Avoid or dislike tasks that require focused mental effort, such as homework
- Lose items needed for tasks or activities, for example, toys, school assignments, pencils
- Be easily distracted
- Forget to do some daily activities, such as forgetting to do chores
Your child may need ADHD testing in Overland Park if they display hyperactivity and impulsivity in the following ways, according to the Mayo Clinic…
- Fidget with or tap their hands or feet, or squirm in the seat
- Have difficulty staying seated in the classroom or in other situations
- Be on the go, in constant motion
- Run around or climb in situations when it’s not appropriate
- Have trouble playing or doing an activity quietly
- Talk too much
- Blurt out answers, interrupting the questioner
- Have difficulty waiting for his or her turn
- Interrupt or intrude on others’ conversations, games, or activities
If you have questions about Overland Park ADHD testing, visit our offices. ADHD testing and evaluations are used to acquire the most detailed information possible. All ADHD evaluations in Overland Park will focus on getting details from the child, parents, teachers, and other professionals in order to make an accurate diagnosis.
All testing, evaluations, and diagnoses are made in accordance with the criteria published by the American Psychiatric Association in their Diagnostic & Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
If you are struggling to find the right support for your child, contact me, Dr. Tish Taylor, Ph.D. I am a licensed child psychologist who specializes in Overland Park ADHD testing. My experience working in and with schools makes me a valuable resource for parents. I have a wide range of experience with diagnoses, including ADHD, dyslexia, executive functioning deficits, anxiety, mood, and behavior problems. I also do autism assessment in Overland Park if that is where your concerns lie.
I utilize the latest research to create intervention methods to give your child and your family the support they need, including learning disability evaluations in Overland Park.
You can also receive guidance through my books focused on Fostering Connection and Parenting with ADHD. Click here to find out more about these publications and how they can be a major benefit to you and your child. I also offer webinars focused on developing an intervention plan and how to get through to a child that struggles with listening. You can learn more about these two helpful classes by clicking here.