Get the professional advice and recommendations your family needs to create a positive and nurturing environment for everyone.
ADHD evaluations in OVERLAND PARK
Are You Considering an ADHD evaluation for Your Child in Overland Park?
You should consider an ADHD evaluation if you are…
- Uncertain of how to discipline your child if they have ADHD
- Unsure what treatment is best for a child showing signs of ADHD
- Seeking assistance planning their educational needs
- In need of help with their behavioral management
Diagnosing ADHD for Young People
For an individual to be diagnosed with ADHD, they must show multiple signs or symptoms of “hyperactivity and impulsivity” and “inattention” during their Overland Park ADHD evaluations.
When conducting ADHD evaluations, I will look at the following behaviors and take them into consideration.
- Becomes easily distracted
- Shows a lack of attention to detail
- Constant fidgeting, can’t sit still, disrupts the group
- Avoids tasks that require focus and concentration
- Makes careless errors
- Exhibits impulsive behavior
- Does not complete tasks or schoolwork
- Struggles with quiet environments
- Has trouble listening or following instructions
- Shows signs of hyperactivity
- Constantly misplaces items
- Does not wait their turn
- Has difficulty staying organized or on task
- Difficulty paying attention for an extended time
- Shows signs of forgetfulness
- Regularly interrupts others
Executive Functioning in Overland Park
I will take the following behaviors into consideration when considering executive functioning:
- Time management
- Emotional regulation
- Information processing
- Prioritizing tasks
How it works
Overland Park ADHD evaluations typically last 2 hours. This allows ample time for valuable data to be collected.
A follow-up session is scheduled at the time of the evaluation. Specific results are reviewed, intervention recommendations are discussed, and a clinical report is provided.
Contact me today to schedule ADHD evaluations and ADHD testing in Overland Park.