Get the answers & recommendations you’re looking for.
dyslexia treatment & evaluations in Kansas City
Considering a Learning Disability or Dyslexia evaluation?
You may be right for this evaluation if you are…
- Unsure of how to intervene at home or school because of weaker academic skills.
- Unsure of a specific course of treatment because of a possible learning disability.
- Seeking assistance with educational planning, accommodations or interventions.
- Unsure what you are doing is helping.
Learning Disability Evaluations
When completing Learning Disability evaluations, the following common behaviors are taken into consideration:
- Specific development in major areas of academic development
- Specific developmental reading, math, and written language skill levels
- Basic expressive and receptive language skills
- Cognitive processes such as working memory, processing speed, executive functioning, verbal and nonverbal learning abilities
- Signs and symptoms of Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, and Dyscalculia
How it works
Learning Disability evaluations in Kansas City at my Leawood or Lawrence office are commonly a four to five hour evaluation session where many forms of data are collected. Most of this time is spent in individual testing with the child, adolescent, or adult.
A followup session is scheduled at the time of the evaluation, where results are reviewed, specific intervention recommendations are discussed, and a clinical report is provided.
Contact me today to schedule an appointment for a learning disability or dyslexia evaluation in Kansas City